Best Vacuum and Steam Mop Combo — Top 7 Reviews (2020)
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these
I have never been eager than the day I bought $100 vacuum and steam mop combo. It was horrible, the vacuum did almost nothing.
It only sucked the smallest of particles and left some debris on the floor. To make matters worse, the steam mop pad left behind residue.
At that point I decided that the information available on proper vacuum and steam mop combo isn’t enough.
I hope that this information can help you avoid the hassle that I’ve been through and just get you quickly to the best vacuum and steam mop combo for your needs.
Top Pick: Bissell Powerfresh Vac & Steam Mop Combo
The best overall model on the market. It provides a simple all-in-one cleaning solution. It is the only product that will provide you with the performance, versatility and convenience you have been looking for.See This Product
Top 7 Vacuum and Steam Mop Combo
Bissell Powerfresh Vac & Steam Mop Combo — Best Product Overall
- Vacuums and steams at the same time
- Can be used as a steam mop for on-demand cleaning
- Low profile design goes around and under furniture
- Dry tank technology keeps the steam out when cleaning
- Customize the retractable handle according to your height
This is the only product that vacuums up dry debris, and steams away stick-on messes at the same time for a thorough and uncompromising clean.
High temperature steam cuts through greasy and tacky messes with ease. Vacuum steam sanitizes without chemicals and kills 99.99 percent germs and bacteria.
The low profile design is a great feature. I could easily reach under my furniture with ease to get rid of hard-to-see and hard-to-reach dirt.
What I didn’t like is the combo head design. I couldn’t get it around corners that are covered by furniture even though it is a low profile design.
- Easy to put together right out of the box
- No need to vacuum before steaming, it does both at the same time
- It goes under furniture for spotless cleaning
- Easy to adjust the handle to suit cleaning habits
- Easy to operate digital settings on the go
- Combo design is hard to get around corners
The Bissell Powerfresh Vac & Steam Mop Combo, the only one to vacuum and steam at the same time. The only gripe is the cost of the replacement mop heads.
Regardless of the fact that I had a hard time getting it around corners, my floors were spotless after every cleaning session. I give it a five-star rating.Click Here To See The Current Price
Bissell Symphony Pet Steam Mop and Vacuum Cleaner — Best Value for Money
- Delivers steam on-demand control for customized cleaning
- Cleans and sanitize naturally without harsh chemicals
- Dry tank technology ensures dirty tank stays dry
- Quick release mop pad tray for convenience
- Cleans all hard floors, such as ceramic, hardwood, and linoleum
The new Bissell Symphony vacuums and cleans at the same time. This has been quite a handy tool, I never have to worry about my dog running around the house spreading dirt.
With improved suction power, cleaning after pet hair and other messes is a breeze. Although you are cleaning with steam, the unit keeps the moisture separate from debris.
Delivers steam on-demand for tailored cleaning. Use the high setting for vinyl, linoleum, tile, and tough sticky messes, and the low setting for laminate, sealed hardwoods and every day messes.
The microfiber mop pads have microban technology, which is great because it keeps the mop pads cleaner and fresher for longer.
What I didn’t like is the brand’s customer support on this product. I had an issue with suction and it took me a while to get customer service to help me.
- Vacuums and cleans simultaneously
- Trigger button on the handle allows for on-demand steam release
- Easy to reach high and low control buttons
- Freestanding design allows you to pick a call with ease
- Easy to add water in the free standing position
- Could do better with a more powerful suction
- Customer service sucks, need to be more supportive
It may not be the highest performing design, but the Bissell Symphony proved to be quite helpful, considering that I have two hairy dogs running around the house.
No arguments, Bissell Symphony gets a four-star rating for its performance. But it could be better with a few improvements and reliable customer service.Click Here To See The Current Price
Light n Easy Steam Mop Pre-Vacuum Floor Cleaner — Most Inexpensive Choice
- Steamer with pre-vacuum assist for spotless cleaning
- Foot-step control button allows for convenient operation
- Delivers a fast action steam under 20 seconds
- Handle rotates 360 degrees and its smart upright
With its unique design, this product acts as a vacuum and mop simultaneously. To help you meet all your needs and give your home that fresh clean feeling.
I was impressed by the foot-step controls. You can use both functions at once or switch between the two, depending on your personal preference.
Unlike other products, Light n Easy doesn’t emit chemicals into the water. At 120 degrees, it keeps bacteria away and have your floors clean and dry in seconds.
I was disappointed by the quality of the mop pads, they are cheaply made and leave residue on my expensive hardwood floor. I had to buy quality replacement pads.
- User manual proved to be quite helpful
- Swivels and maneuvers easily in all directions
- Lightweight, I could easily carry it upstairs
- Foot-step controls are super easy to use and convenient
- Easy to refill water tank, a funnel is not needed
- Mop pads are cheaply made, tend to leave residue behind
- Could do better with a powerful vacuum
It is an easy-to-use pre-vacuum steamer that is capable of vacuuming small debris. But it can be a better choice with a bigger water tank, high-quality mop pads and a powerful vacuum.
With high-quality replacement mop pads, its performance deserve a five-star rating. But the manufacturer has to consider increasing the vacuum power.Click Here To See The Current Price
Bissell Symphony 1132A Vac and Steam Cleaner — Most Expensive Model
- Cyclonic vacuum helps trap debris and dirt
- Dry tank technology ensures the dirt tank is dry
- Easy touch digital controls for customized cleaning
- Uses only steam to sanitize, no harsh chemicals
This product has intelligent digital control buttons on the handle for customized cleaning. You can choose between vacuum, low steam and high steam.
First, tap the vacuum button. Then simply pull back and cyclonic vacuum technology will effortlessly pick up dirt, trapping it in the good size easy-to-empty bin.
The dirt bin features dry tank technology that ensures there is no moisture within the tank. This allows for easy disposal of dirt during a vacuuming session.
I didn’t like the overall build quality of the unit. It doesn’t look like it will last a long time. Also, this unit could be better with a powerful vacuum.
- Good for suctioning and cleaning small messes
- Easy to use touch controls for customizable settings
- Mop pads hold up pretty well
- Doesn’t produce harsh chemicals, making the floor safe for crawling babies
- Goes easily under furniture to reach hidden places
- Could do better with suction power
Set up is easy, it took me just a few moments to have the unit ready. The steam mop is also impressive, but a vacuum power upgrade is necessary.
I give Bissell Symphony 1132A a four-star rating for its vacuuming and steaming performance. But it needs a serious improvement of the overall build quality.Click Here To See The Current Price
Shark 2-in-1 Vac Then Steam Cleaner — Most Maneuverable
- Bare floor suction performance for spotless vacuuming
- Lightweight design
- 30-foot long cord that’s easy to navigate
- Vacuums dust and debris before steam cleaning
- Telescopic handle is height adjustable
This product combines Shark’s unique vacuum suction and steam mop technology to remove almost every speck of loose dirt and stuck-on messes from your floor.
The chemical-free vapor produced by this product kills over 99 percent of disease-causing germs and bacteria. It guarantees the safety of your babies and pets.
This innovative product instantly converts to Shark’s best steam mop for deep cleaning of the toughest messes on your hardwood floors.
What I didn’t like was the vacuum. First, it was too loud. Second, the opening is small, making it less efficient for wider floors. Third, the suctioning wasn’t powerful enough.
- Uses ordinary tap water that is free of harsh chemicals
- Lightweight design allows you to carry it easily up and down the stairs
- Doesn’t leave residue on hard floors
- Heavy-duty mop pads offer deep cleaning of stuck-on messes
- Telescopic handle suits the needs of every user
- Vacuum is too loud and not powerful enough
If you are a parent to a pet or a baby, the Shark Vac Then Steam Cleaner is a reliable solution.
The most appealing part of this product is the steamer, which I give a four-star rating. However, the vacuum needs a complete upgrade.Click Here To See The Current Price
How to Choose a Vacuum and Steam Mop Combo
When deciding on a vacuum and steam mop combo know what you expect to clean. Then choose the one best suited to your needs.
Vacuum and steam mop combos are designed to clean hard flooring, such as ceramic, laminate, tile, vinyl, stone, marble and hardwood floors. But steam is not ideal for unsealed floors.
Is it true steam isn’t good for hardwood floors? That’s what most users say after a bad experience with some cheaply made models.
I urge you to look for vacuum and steam mop combos that allow you to effectively control the moisture you put on your floors.
You must have the ability to select low or high outputs. I recommend low steam for use on sealed hardwood floors.
Suction and Steam Power
A quality vacuum and steam cleaner in one must have sufficient suction power and enough steam for your needs.
Superior vacuum power cleans floors effectively and gives you a spotless surface. Good suction power will trap almost anything, including pet hair, dirt, and debris.
Do watts affect suction power? The number of watts corresponds to the amount of power going into the vacuum.
More watts usually means a more powerful suction, but the efficiency of airflow and filtration is also important for good suction.
The combo cleaners that I have used normally deliver sufficient steam for cleaning and sanitizing your floors.
The only problem is the quality of the microfiber mop pads that come with the unit. I find thin mop pads to be ineffective because they tend to leave residue behind.
It’s simple, really, you cannot effectively clean your floors with a combo system that doesn’t have reliable adjustment controls.
In the modern market, many all-in-one combo cleaners have digital controls for suction and steam release.
The systems I have used have only one suction control, which pulls dust and pet hair through the nozzle opening when tapped.
But your main focus should be on the steam release. The low setting is usually suitable for sealed and hardwood floors, while a high setting is ideal for hard floors.
Where the controls are located is also important. The ones that are at your fingertips on the handle are the most convenient.
Ease of Cleaning Hard-to-Reach Places
The idea of having a floor cleaner is to be able to clean hard-to-reach places with ease.
The best design is one that has a low profile handle, which goes under furniture, such as tables with ease.
Even though it is not common with most vacuum and steam mop combos, you should look for a unit that swivels 360 degrees. This one will get around corners and tight spaces easily.
Check to be sure the combo unit is easy for you to move around. Some units tend to weigh more because of the combined functions and may be hard to carry up and down the stairs.
The wide range of prices for vacuum and steam mop combos makes shopping difficult. But remember the most inexpensive machine offer minimum cleaning power and versatility.
In this category, the costlier ones tend to have the greatest suction and steam power, and come with a number of attachments and convenient features.
Look for a machine that provides the help you need, but isn’t laden with unnecessary extras that add to the cost.
It took a considerable amount of research time and testing to conclude that the Bissell Powerfresh Vac & Steam is the overall best vacuum and steam mop combo.
The fact that it has sufficient suction and steam power is a huge advantage. Unlike the competition, it doesn’t struggle to vacuum and steam at the same time.
Now, it is up there in cost, but with digital controls, easy setup and its impressive vacuuming capabilities, it quickly justifies the investment.
This lets you work smarter and not harder. You will hardly feel back and shoulder pain after working on several floors.See This Product